Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


Friday night we got to go swimming at 7 Peaks with a lot of family. We also got to meet my cousin Laura's fiance Wilfried. It was Mason's first time in the water, and he loved it! The next day Nate got to go to Emily's baptism while I taught my students in Draper and Lehi. Then I came back to Orem and he watched Mason while I went to Judy's violin recital. So proud of that girl! That evening we got to have dinner with Wilfried & Laura, and had such a great time talking, laughing, and getting to know Wilfried better. It was all of our first time at 'Chef's Table', and I was taken back by how fancy it was! Wilfried is a gem, and so perfect for  my cousin Laura! They will have a wonderful life together, and many great adventures. We came back so that I could play again with the Orchestra for the broadcast on Sunday morning. I loved that Memorial day broadcast. It was so sweet to see the applause when Lloyd Newell asked all of those currently or formerly involved in the US Military to stand up. That evening we went back to Nate's family's house in Springville, and were able to spend that night at their "cottage"/cabin. It's in a beautiful area next to the golf course. The next morning we woke up and went on a jog up Hobble Creek canyon, to prepare for our 1/2 marathon coming up on August 18th. That day we also got to hear Alissa play the piano with Springville HighSchool Orchestra in preparation for their Disneyland tour. They sounded especially good for a highschool orchestra I thought. After that we went to Orem for a family 'Memorial Day' picnic, and then to visit our good friends Ben and Brittany StClair in Provo. They just welcomed another sweet little boy into their family. It was such a great weekend!

picnic at the park


Nate and Ben with their little boys


helping with laundry...sort of

a wonderful evening with Laura and Wilfried
 


loved swimming!

1 comment:

  1. Just have to say that your cousin and her fiance are a super cute couple! And so are the two of you :)
    Love,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete