Sunday, August 4, 2013

hellos and goodbyes

The last three weeks have been a mix of emotions of hello's, and goodbyes. My Mom and Dad are home from the Philippines!! It was so wonderful to get them home! There's no one who gives hugs, gives advice, who just gets you...like your Mom and Dad. It's so great to have them back again! Nate and I are so grateful to live close to them now while we can. We know that this closeness most likely won't last forever...so we are enjoying it while we can.

However, the last two weeks Nate and I have also said goodbye to two of our best friends. Nate said goodbye to one of his best friends from highschool, Ben, and I said goodbye to my mission trainer and one of my dearest friends, Ali. Ben is moving to Iowa for Medical school, and Ali's family is moving Minnesota for work. It just makes me realize how much I need to appreciate moments as they happen...and the comforts of having friends close by. Of course we will stay in contact and meet at future moments, but we miss being able to see them often. 




Highlights from the last few weeks were seeing my violin teachers from The Netherlands. They come to vacation here every Summer, and we get to have our students play for them at a Masterclass. I love them, and I'm so grateful I get to see them every year! It's always scary having my students play for them - because it's like the musical day of judgment in some ways...but I'm SO grateful that my students have that incredible opportunity!

Other highlights - Pioneer Day and my Grandmother Andersen's 93rd birthday! She is still in good health. What a blessing to have her close!



As for the rest, I teach about 15 violin students now. It has been so nice to teach during Mason's nap times. Nate is studying every evening for the LSAT in October, and so we don't see him often. Thankfully we are planning a trip to Hawaii a week from Tuesday, so I will get to see him all of the time! I'm holding on until then! :). It has been SO nice to have my family close, so that I don't get so lonely with Nate gone a lot.

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment