Sunday, May 24, 2015

My 29th Birthday

On April 30th I turned 29 years old. Am I really that old??? I love my life right now - and just couldn't help but feel SO grateful for all of the amazing people who make my life so good. First of all of course my parents, then my brothers and sisters, their families, my AMAZING husband Nate, my beautiful little boys, and all of my teachers, mentors, friends, everyone who have blessed my life immeasurably. How could I ever repay them? To celebrate - Nate ran with me to the beautiful UVA main grounds, we saw the movie Cinderella (she's always been my favorite Princess). I loved the theme to have courage and be kind. That's a much needed message in the world today. We also enjoyed a dinner at a Spanish Restaurant called 'Mas Tapas'. It was so delicious. My dear friend here Nicole also made delicious cupcakes for me (as shown below), and another dear friend Elizabeth threw a hot tub party for me and my good friend Jeni who's birthday was just three days later. It was a birthday for the books - not to be forgotten. Special thanks for the cards, messages, phone calls, and my dear friends here Tennille and Megan who babysat my boys so Nate and I could enjoy some time together.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Joanna! I look up to you so much and hope that one day I can be a woman like you! Thanks for your example! I always cherish our violin lessons :) you taught me more than just violin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beka, I think I enjoyed those lessons and learned much more from you! I'm so proud of you and the beautiful woman you have become! So excited for your future! You can't help but have wonderful things ahead for you! xxxxxx

      Delete