Thursday, August 13, 2015

Life lately according to my phone

Being back in Charlottesville has been so sweet! It took a couple of weeks to get back to normal and back on East Coast time, but it has been so good getting back to a routine again. Nate has been working here for a Professor, and Mason and I have resumed our morning school time, afternoon or morning play time, meal prep and laundry and cleaning. It's just like riding a bike :). I also started teaching my darling violin students and one piano student again...I missed them. Being back with our friends here has also been so good. Gosh I missed them! I am so grateful for them. Charlottesville has become even more beautiful to me since being here. This has been a pretty mild summer for the most part, and that has been nice - going to parks, splash pads, picnics with Daddy, soccer and softball. Mason will start a preschool co-op (called Joy School) here in a couple of weeks so we are both excited about that. So here are some of our latest adventures, and a few pics thrown in from our trips.

This is just after Mason ran away sulking and Olivia came to the rescue. love these two dear little friends!

Sweet visiting teacher Megan Moss tended Stan for me so that Mason and I could go to a garden/cooking class at Monticello. She has her beautiful little boy Preston and is pregnant with her second, but insisted on watching Stan so that Mason and I could go together. Talk about one of the gems of the earth. Unfortunately the class was already full, but Mason and I still got to spend some quality time together. Love you, Meg!

Walking Daddy to school. Stan has not yet started walking on his own, but he insists on us walking him everywhere which I am pretty sure is his way of getting us to exercise (aka going up and down the stairs ten times). Love those three boys right there!!

My little corn shucker...I love fresh corn on the cob - "...is this corn hand shucked?" ('What about Bob'). This was a great batch. Thank you, Mason!

post-picnic wrestling match in from to the Law School


Nate's good friend sent him this gift. He felt so manly putting that together all by himself. Looks like we will be having some neighborhood barbecues here in the future. Nate said "Mormons are the best smokers!". Ha!

This is the Stanley pose when Nate comes home from work.

OK - Here are some pics from our summer adventures. I get a lot of nostalgia when I look at these! Somehow memories get even better looking back. How does that happen? I...don't know.

NYC 
Games at Cape Cod House


Rick and Grandpa Freeman with Stanley

Mason and cousins loved Grandma and Grandpa's backyard in Utah 

bird in the grape vineyard

getting together with a dear friend and Mission companion, Melanie Kenney

Provo River swing with Uncle Rich


Biking trip - the Provo Canyon trail to Utah Lake. Love these people!!

My nieces are so stinkin' cute with my boys!!


Got to meet up with my best friend, Teran! She just got married and it was so great meeting her other half!! Perfect fit.

Ohio air show. So fun! Stan had enough by that point.

Mason and William - best buddies. Love these two!

So there you have it!! Happy Thursday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. love this and love that you and Melanie were companions!!! so fun! you are accomplishing incredible things. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, isn't she so great! We had the best time together in Argentina! Thank you for your encouragement and support. I feel the same about you!

      Delete
  2. I used to have a friend who wrote lots of music for the Joy Schools. The schools were started by Richard Eyer. He,was Robert's 1st mission president. Small world.

    ReplyDelete