Mason has been really into the Solar System lately, so I have been excited to bring him back to the Natural History Museum which is just up the street from where we are staying. We took him last winter, but this year I think he grasps just a little more of it. He has such a curious mind so it was fun to have him ask so many questions and then to learn with him about our amazing Universe. Stanley enjoyed it as well, but especially seeing the animals of North America. We will definitely be back to see more!
We hopped on a "twain" as Stanley loves to call it (and gets so excited about) - to Soho. Nate reserved cronuts (like a couple weeks ago), and they were (not even exaggerating here) probably the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. We also tried out Lambardi's and Champion pizza. Champion was the champion - two times as yummy, and 1/10th the wait, but Lambardi's is the first pizza establishment in NYC, so I'm glad we went.
 |
| i know there are a gazillion pictures here, but I just had to document this moment |
 |
| Mason kept snapping picture of me, so I decided to pose for him :) |
 |
| Lambardi's |
After the amazing food (I will keep running around central park to burn off the calories I think), we checked out the NYC Fire Station Museum. So bummed that Mason was asleep for this (but my rule now is never wake up a sleeping boy!). Stanley loved it! He would make a good fireman I think - strong and brave boy :). Sobering and inspiring to see a Memorial there dedicated to the firemen who lost their lives during 9/11. Thanks for another amazing day NYC. I could never get bored of you.
 |
| our best cheesy smiles |
 |
| i love him so much |
 |
| these two! |
 |
| Stanley shot this picture of Mason asleep. Kinda cute with his new stuffed doll from his friend Olivia. |
 |
| man to man |
 |
| Stanley just stood there smiling, so I took a picture of him :). |
 |
| For Family Home Evening that night we talked about our goals. For Mason's activity we made things out of play dough in 30 seconds and had to guess what they were. I loved Nate's tennis racket and ball. A tennis player through and through. |
No comments:
Post a Comment