Sunday, January 8, 2017

Riverside Cathedral and Dinosaurs Barbecue

The next day we walked in the rain to find Hamilton's House, only to discover it was closed. Bummer. We trudged on, and happily found ourselves at a restaurant that was actually large enough to fit our stroller comfortably - Dinosaurs Barbecue. It was good fun, and our waitress was from the CR, so Nate enjoyed talking to her about his mission. Mason was the cuuutest little missionary, and found a pass along card in my wallet and gave it to her with our receipt.
Riverside Church was extraordinary - with amazing paintings from Heinrich Hoffmann that I grew up seeing a lot of. One of my favorite paintings growing up, was the one of Christ talking to the rich man. Later, Nate took the boys to the Natural History Museum, while he let me check out the Frick Gallery. I was amazed by how many pieces were there that I studied in my art classes at BYU. It was like "oh hey! there you are! i know you!" kind of day.






Biggest bug I think I've ever seen. Ah!

Dinosaurs Barbecue


1 comment:

  1. I remember going to the Frick museum when Dad and I went back for the American Mother's Convention. Dad and I walked around a corner and there was a staircase. At the top of the staircase was a Renoir painting of mother and children. Tears came to my eyes as I viewed this masterpiece. It was a deeply spiritual experience with a glorious work of Art. Aren't we grateful!

    ReplyDelete