Monday, June 24, 2013

Can't Stop, Won't Stop

It's been a couple months since I've written a post.  What a shame!  Overall, though, I feel like I'm doing a good job with this year's goals.  I passed the first portion of the Foreign Service Exam (but failed the second...next time I'll pass!), I'm making solid progress in reading the BofM in Russian and Spanish, we've hit a couple national parks...I've got to focus on the victories.  Speaking of which, October will be victorious when I take the LSAT!  That's right--I changed the test date from June to October to give myself a little more time.  I'll still be able to apply for Fall 2014, so I figured might as well use every last day possible.  I'll be at class or at a study group almost every evening until then.  Fun!

There's been a lot of comings and goings lately.  It was a lot of fun having Jason and Ashley in town a couple weeks ago from New York.  We barbecued, hung out at the park, went out to lunch, visited a chocolate factory, met up for shaved ice, and just chatted.  It was hard to have them leave so quickly, but they've got work to do, people to meet, and places to see in NYC.  Just last week, Shirley and Steve returned from Hong Kong, and they've had quite the stories to tell!  They had a great time visiting Mom and Dad in the Philippines as well.  Mom and Dad are now hosting Joanna's sister, Liz.  We love hearing reports from Liz about the missionary work and getting to know Jim Jim, who seems like a fantastic guy.  Ramona and David also came to town last week, so David, Steve, and I hit the driving range at East Bay Golf Course and had a great time.  Now, my Aunt Cara is in town with her family.  It's a fun time of year to meet with family--summer is the best!

I'm enjoying my work as a copywriter at Fit Marketing, where I work with some of the coolest people I know.  I was even invited to star in a Youtube clip featuring Brooks Forester, my coworker/best bud who is a contestant on the Bachelorette.  We had a lot of fun filming the clips, but I've got to say, acting is exhausting!  I don't think I have a future as an actor, but it's fun to have a clip that's already received 20,000 views in under a month!

Mason has been recovering from vaccinations for the past few days.  The poor kid had 6 shots on Wednesday!  I would have been a bit fussy myself.  He's doing a lot better today, and we were able to go to Temple Square to support Joanna's return to the Orchestra at Temple Square.  Mason and I had to listen to the Music and the Spoken Word program in the overflow, but it was still a neat experience.

We're still celebrating the beginning of summer--my favorite time of the year!  I love the long, long days, and the fact that winter is far in the distance :)  A couple weeks ago, we celebrated my birthday at the Communal, as Joanna already mentioned.  This past Saturday, we went to a nice dinner as a late celebration for Mother's Day and Father's Day.  We got a great deal to the Tree Room at Sundance, and we had an amazing time!

Well, tis the time to study!  Wish me luck!  I've signed up for an LSAT course, tutoring, and a pre-law school prep class.  Hopefully it pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment