Saturday morning was just beautiful, so we decided to take our boys for a jog up a trail I've been anxious to take Nate to. It's the Monticello Trail that leads up to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home). Our boys were so good for the trip that we decided to take the tour as well. Their cute family tours kept the interest of Mason, and also gave us sweet glimpses into the life of Jefferson. Sometimes the best teachers are those for children I think. I decided to buy the annual pass, so I can take them back as often as I like. Thomas Jefferson - wow, what an amazing person. His home was so thoughtfully designed. The stories they told about him endeared me to him as a person. He spoke and wrote in 7 languages (Latin, Greek, English, Old English, Spanish, Italian, and French). He was a true Classicist - loved books, enjoyed astronomy, mathematics, history, - obviously a genius. Im grateful for such men who were men for their time. It's fun that Nate gets to study at his University. You can even see the University from his house. He was able to watch the Construction take place, from Monticello with his telescope :). So, thank you Thomas Jefferson - we owe you!
 |
| a candid moment I caught of Mason trying to comfort Stan |
 |
| one of our favorite snacks |
 |
| Thomas Jefferson's grave |
 |
| the last stretch of the trail. this was the part we walked. |
 |
| Stan having a little conversation with bear :) |
 |
| Mason insisted on carrying his bear from his Aunt Jenica with him |
 |
| Thomas Jefferson's garden. 300 variety of vegetables. I don't think that even my Parent's can top that. |
 |
| Mason trying to identify some of the letters he has been learning about |
 |
| a cute candid moment i spied while listening to a tour |
 |
| Mason wanted in on the love I think |
 |
| pretty view from Monticello |
 |
| Our little babysitting group. Love these cuties! |
 |
| just catching some close time with Dad |
 |
| it's always better when we're together :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment