This last Tuesday, we rented a car
and drove to Shenandoah along skyline drive. It's the only National
Park that I know of, that has it's own song. 'Oh Shenandoah, I long to
see you'. I've heard that song since I was a little girl. We got there, and we
couldn't see anything. The Mountains were veiled in white clouds. So we started singing that song
again. Slowly throughout the day, the fog lifted, and there it was...breathtakingly beautiful. We listened to Nate's classical music collection in the car,
saw beautiful sights - and it all seemed to go together. I just love
traveling together with my little family. The boys were great. Sometimes
Stan was fussy, but whenever we turned the music on, he was OK again. He
might be a little musician..I don't know :). Mason was perfect. I
cherish my time with Nate so very much these days. It isn't often
enough, I'm afraid. There were so many moments that I just had to stop the car and take a picture. My heart couldn't capture that much beauty. I love the Fall on the East Coast.









These pictures are beautiful! Wow!
ReplyDeleteWe almost went on the skyline drives last Saturday too! But I had to be away for a work trip. These pictures are inspiring us to go. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteExcited to see you tonight, Joanna! Virginia looks so lovely in the fall!
ReplyDelete