Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The 4th of July

Since we found out that it would be raining most of the day here in DC, we decided to jump up to Philadelphia to celebrate the 4th in America's birthplace. It ended up being the best thing. We really enjoyed the parade as well as the Constitution Museum which has free admission that day (wootwoot!). We also had fun at home that night when the rain stopped (sorta stopped) lighting fireworks, and eating ice-cream. What could be more American than that :). Even though America's not perfect, I love what it stands for, and the great things it has done for others, and for me. I feel a deep sense of gratitude and love for my Country and for those who defend it, lead it, and bless it daily.


Mason took this picture. That kid might be a budding photographer!





Darth Vader even came to our Parade!

AND Miss America! 


The reading of the Declaration of Independence gave me goose bumps

cowboy and graduate

Giving a Family Presidential Speech I suppose

Making their own campaign buttons

Stan kissed the baby and shook the hand at the same time. Very efficient I thought.




Stan the VP pretending to eat the jelly bellies on the desk (must have been Ronald Reagan's)

and the next President of the United States is.....


The Betsy Ross house!


I went to buy a few groceries, and this is what I found when I got back. Pretty cute.

Lighting a few fireworks before going to bed. Someday we'll let them stay up to see the real thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment