He and Nate were so happy when they saw each other. Its amazing how serving together in the mission field can really bond you.
That night we stayed at a hotel, and the next day we drove into the heart of DC to see the beautiful cherry blossoms. We couldn't find parking at our usual location at the Jefferson Memorial, but we did find a nice place to park on the street near the Capital Building. Glad actually because it wasn't so busy with foot traffic in that direction, and the blossoms there are also so beautiful. We enjoyed walking around and into a few museums.
The Native American Museum has one of the best children's sections I have seen in DC. We also stepped into the art museum. We enjoyed some popsicles, and then Stan fell asleep in the backpack. We walked up the hill to a fun restaurant, and then casually made our way back to the car.
Back to the hotel for swimming, and the next morning we drove to our ward back home Charlottesville, so that I could perform my violin with a friend - Joseph Smith's First Prayer. All in all, a great weekend - beside Mason getting tired of walking :). I think next time I would bring the stroller :) (tip to any Moms out there) - or get Mason a scooter. At one point when we were carrying Mason Nate asked, "Mason, will you carry your Mom and Dad someday like we carry you?" to which Mason replied, "I'm not sure I'll remember who you are someday. I'll try, but I'm just not sure I will". Thanks Mason :).
No comments:
Post a Comment