Saturday, December 8, 2012

J & A Forever!!

My brother Jason and his new bride Ashley (formerly Haycock) were married November 20th. It was a beautiful and memorable day! Congratulations Jason and Ashley--you are destined for greatness and we love you both.  I'm pretty sure Jason got the better end of the bargain, but I did too, so I think it's just a Freeman thing.  Marrying a wonderful girl makes you luckier than anything else ever could.  I'm excited to see where Jason and Ashley end up, with the first stop being New York City.  We have them here with us for about another 10 days, after which they'll spend a couple weeks in Georgia (Ashley's home), before they head to their apartment in NYC.  It's true--if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere, and I'm confident they will!

The wedding was beautiful.  The sealer shared wonderful thoughts and advice, and with a good sense of humor.  Heaven knows that marriage needs humor, and I'm thankful mine has a good dose of it.  Jason and Ashley have a wonderful sense of humor, but more importantly they are mature, kind people who love each other very much, and they never hesitate to share that love with others.  I'm a very proud older brother, and I hope they will find joy and happiness throughout their lives as they learn to work together and with God.  While they will be living on the other side of the country, we will do our best to stay in touch, and hopefully visit once in a while.

The reception was also memorable, and was a good reflection of Jason and Ashley's fun personalities.  Ashley's friends from Young Ambassadors provided a lot of gusto.  There was dancing, singing, kind words shared, and lots of smiles all around.  It was fun to see mutual friends of Jason's, including the wonderful ward members who helped keep us in line and set great examples.  Our family has been blessed to have the best kind of people around us who have strengthened us and provided so many happy memories.  The wedding day will carry a lot of wonderful memories for us, but I'm sure even more for Jason and Ashley.  May the party continue evermore!  Love you guys!


That exciting moment awaiting the new couple!

There's the new couple!

That's still them.

They're still a new couple :)

Mason almost couldn't hold back his excitement.

Mason definitely knows when to clap.

I'm pretty sure Mason was thinking, "What the heck is this?  More
importantly, what does it taste like?"


No comments:

Post a Comment