Saturday, December 8, 2012

Givingthanks day!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year!  The combination of family, food, and football is borderline celestial in my book.  It was a warm, but crisp fall day, and it was especially nice to have Grandpa and Grandma Clawson with us as they were still in town after Jason's wedding.  Grandma Montgomery and Uncle Lane came as well, so we had wonderful company all around!  And, as always, the feast was terrific!  My parents know how to cook a great meal--hopefully I can learn how to do the same someday.  Thank goodness Joanna can teach me the ways of a chef.  This Thanksgiving, we had a lot to be grateful for.  We have wonderful family and friends nearby.  We live in a beautiful apartment thanks to Ike and Angie.  While I've been unemployed for a few months, we've been able to enjoy a lot of extra time together and my employer gave us a generous severance package, I have been provided a wonderful education that I can use to do something useful for the world and provide for my family, we've had pretty good health overall during the year, and most of all, we know Heavenly Father and the Savior love us and have a perfect plan for each of us.  With family, faith, friends, and freedom, okay, and maybe sports, what more could you ask for? :)  I hope we will live with gratitude throughout our lives.

I'm not sure if this was thirds or fourths.

I'm pretty sure the pilgrims didn't use forks and knives,
so why should I?

Mason loves playing with Jenica and Ginger.  Aren't they cute? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment