I LOVED being in Utah for a few days at the beginning of the year to be with my sisters and Mom. Of course my Dad and brothers too, but I was there for our annual sister's retreat. It was heaven. I enjoy almost everything about Virginia (including and most especially the mild winters, being surrounded by history, and the green everywhere) - but I miss my Utah snow covered mountains, hugs from my Dad and Mom, late nights with my sibs, and home-cooking. There's just nothing quite like it. I got all of that in a few days. I also got to play for 'Music and the Spoken' word on Sunday. That was also like heaven to see my 'musical family' that I haven't seen in a while! I could not believe when Nate's ENTIRE extended family came to watch. It was one of the sweetest things I think I've ever experienced! His Uncle Dave even drove from Colorado Springs to be there. I really am a lucky girl to marry into that crazy Freeman family :).
So this waffle is what we got for breakfast on our way to the airport (January 1st). Happy new Year!! Nate told me that we had to try the 'Waffle House' because it's an iconic place in the South. So it's kind of a tradition we have to go to breakfast before one of us leaves I guess (we've only done it twice now haha). We held true. Mason and I shared that one - and can I just say that I still have moments when I crave that waffle? It was .... so good.
![]() |
| Me and my little travel companion Stanley :). He did amazingly well! I wish I could sleep anywhere, like he does! |
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment