The battlefields of Yorktown (the first of our historic triangle stops) were fascinating to me. I realize now how much George Washington had to make important decisions in order to win. This is where the British surrendered to the Union troops. Miraculous war. How we ever pulled it off, is a complete miracle to me - considering what we had (ragged troops way underfunded), and considering what they had to fight with (the best Navy and Army in the world). When we stopped by to visit the tent sight of General Washington (tucked into a piece of woods, across a stream), I felt something (seen the Giver?). It was meant to be this way. I love living in Virginia surrounded by so much history. It all comes to life. Sorry there aren't more pictures. Maybe that's a good thing :).
![]() |
| Tent of Washington in the Museum at Yorktown |

No comments:
Post a Comment