Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Golden Birthday

Yesterday, April 30th was my golden birthday (30 on 30), and it was the best yet. It started with a beautiful run by Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home) and up the mountain with my good friend Chrissy (her first race!!!). We got near the top where it was steepest, and it was misty and a little bagpipe Scottish band was playing. I felt like I was in Europe again, with the rolling green gorgeous hills. Talking with my friend too was as always so motivating and inspiring. I choose great friends you guys - (also, I know God puts inspiring people in my life so that I can learn from them)! After coming home, cleaning up, and taking a three hour nap (thank you sweetie!!) because I can never sleep the night before a race (what is wrong with my nerves!), I cleaned up my house a bit and got ready to have a few good friends and neighbors over to celebrate with me. There were a few who I was kicking myself for not remembering to invite - but I loved loved loved my time with these people. Some of the best you'd ever find!
I made some goals for my thirties:
1. Charity: I want to at least TRY to figure this thing out a little better
2. Discipline: I want to have more say over what I eat, how I exercise, and taking care of this body that has been so good to me these last 30 years - but I need to treat a little better going forward I think:). 
3. I want to enjoy every day more fully - go to bed early, and try to wake up before my boys so that I can be ready to greet them, rather than the other way around.
4.I want to be a better friend, daughter and wife - think of them and pray for them more often, do random acts of service more often, and stay in better contact
5. I want to learn more by reading more books - and by seeing the world, tasting new food, and enjoy new people.

So there you have it! Hold me to it, friends! Thanks for contributing to the great joy of my life!

Elizabeth is my close neighbor here (we can see each other through our windows). She is an inspiring person and friend and I look up to her in more than a few ways. We both turned 30 this year so we decided to celebrate together!!



my cute violin and piano students made cakes for me out of play dough while they waited for their sister to have their lesson. how sweet is that!?

I pierced my ears AGAIN! Last time (3 years ago) I took my earrings out for two days and the holes grew back in. Rookie mistake. Thanks, Chrissy Gavin for being there with me that night! fun girls night!!


although cutting cheesecake is not my forte, that cheesecake still tasted pretty good (if I do say so myself).


Happy Birthday to us!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment