Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Greek Exhibit and Octagon in DC

The Capital is just one of those places that never gets boring...obviously. Every time I go I see or learn something new. This time Nate and I wanted to check out the temporary Greek Exhibit in the National Geographic Museum. Nate graduated in the Classics from BYU so this held special interest for him. It was very fascinating. It's amazing how much influence the greek civilization has had on America.
We also visited The Octagon, the home where James Madison lived after the White House was burned during the War of 1812. Beautiful home and fun interactive museum where you could sit in the chairs. I loved it, because I felt like I was a part of that time. We did some fun re-enactments of dining with the Madisons, and the signing of the treaty of 1812 which took place there. They even had the original table.





Mason took this picture as he was running through a flock of pigeons


The original table where the treaty of 1812 was signed

Dine with the Madison Family

Sorry Brits!



such beautiful detailing


Mason took this picture which I love

Mason always makes us stop to listen to street performers and I love it

A quick brunch break

they were SO nice and gave Mason and Stanley warm milk to eat with their muffins. 
The National Geographic Museum


Singing in the Rain

Thanks Grandpa Freeman for the gift card to Noodles & Co. It was much enjoyed!






No comments:

Post a Comment