Funny enough, Nate has been wanting to go to Farmville Virginia for a while now. He noticed two days before he planned to go that the vice presidential debate would be taking place there, so it made it a done deal. We didn't know however in going there that we would have such an amazing experience.
The day started by visiting Hampden Sydney College (an all boy University). Then we drove to the Moton High School Museum where African American students stood up for their rights in equal education with White students. It was inspiring and Nate and I really enjoyed the entire experience. We were talking to a former student and teacher there and were just about to leave, when our tour guide suggested we stay there for just a few minutes. We stayed and in walked Tim Kaine, Vice Presidential nominee to Hillary Clinton. I like that he is a devout Catholic, was a jesuit missionary in Hondurus and speaks spanish, has a committed family, is a former Governor of Virginia, that he is kind, and that he has served our Country for so many years in political offices. I don't agree with all of his political stances, but I do agree with many of them and I think he would represent our Country well as VP. He introduced himself first to me as "Tim". Then he met out little boys and Nate. It was fun to meet him in person.
We had some fun at Longwood University for a while. Nate won their political trivia, and we had fun just touring the campus a little and watching a little of CNN and MSNBC live. Nate's Mom and brother were watching and they said they caught us live on CNN for a little. All in all it was an educational day, and I'm really glad that Nate suggested we go.
 |
| I walked upstairs, and Mason had made that all himself |
 |
| sunflowers for fall are the best |
 |
| a little mis-shaped home made pizza, but still yummy I thought :) |
 |
| Moton Museum experience |
 |
| explaining to Mason how a wood burning stove works |
 |
| happy day |
 |
| Meeting a former student and teacher there |
 |
| and then in walks Tim Kaine |
 |
| he really liked Stanley |
 |
| and Nate - he talked to Nate about his former experience as an Attorney |
 |
| he was nice to offer for us to take a family picture with him |
 |
| cheering Dad on trivia |
 |
| Erin Burnet! |
No comments:
Post a Comment