Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Weekend 2016


Happy Easter from the Freeman Family! Our hearts are filled with happiness and gratitude for our Savior Jesus Christ - and for His gift which makes us free. I am so grateful for that amazing gift which gives us the hope of His greatest blessings - eternal life with our families and with Him. I can't think of anything better.

This weekend we celebrated Easter by biking to an Easter celebration for our ward at the park. It was a 16 mile bike trip round trip (since was got a little lost haha), and I was pretty well exhausted by the end. However, it was beautiful to ride through Charlottesville's charming neighborhoods with the blossoms coming out. Nate and I were amazed how much more we could get to know this city by bike. In the springtime is amazing. Then we celebrated with the Law School families which was great. I really enjoy meeting families from other backgrounds and seeing how much we have in common in the end. That evening I went to dinner with several of the best women I know before the General Women's broadcast (which was phenomenal). I loved the focus on rescuing and reaching out to refugees. It was unique and powerful. I want to be prayerful about what I can do to help, too.

This morning we had a lovely brunch with some friends, and then went to Church - which was wonderful. Stan is one of the first ones to nursery because he loves it so much - and Mason has some super sweet teachers in Primary who give the kids enormous baskets for Easter. He is pretty lucky that boy!

Happy Easter! He is Risen! 



Love that guy for packing the boys behind! I mean those calves can do amazing things!!!

Nate appreciates that Stanley (and Mason) loves sports - a passion they both share




Nate chatting it up as usual ;).

We ran into a group from India who were in full out celebration of Holi, and of course Nate couldn't resist getting in the middle of it and spreading that color to all of us as well! Now his hair I think is permanently died pink. Ha. Happy Holi everyone! 

Nate preparing for the journey back home. They both fell asleep which was pretty cute . Mason fell asleep on top of Stanley, until Stanley finally woke up at the end and tried to push Mason off. Poor Stan I think was just a little squished.

These are some treats that Mason insisted on saving for his Grandpas and Grandmas...at least for an hour. I saw him on the couch debating whether he should eat them or send them to Utah. This boy has a sweet spot for his family back home.

out little Easter brunch

These cuties on Jeni's mats she designed (LetsPlayground)- her own business which flourished amazing well! So proud of that girl's creativity, vision, and ingenuity!

And HERE is one of my dearest friends, Jane and her new baby Nathan whom I just ADORE.

Apparently I'm not the only one! ;)

Happy Easter friends!

1 comment:

  1. To see such a beautiful family fills my heart with GREAT JOY!!! You had some pretty colorful folks there. I had seen the Indians put saffron on each other before the wedding but it is yellow. What is the pink for? I need some cultural lessons to be sure! Love you each one, Grandma and Grandpa
    Truly, the greatest words ever spoken: He is Risen!!!

    ReplyDelete