Thursday, March 31, 2016

healthy snacks :)


I grew up with a garden, so I love fresh fruits and vegetables. My parents were SO great at providing healthy, fresh foods for us every day. During the winter we always had grapefruit that my Mom hand cut each piece for us (we're talking 11 kids here folks - and good thing she was speedy). She with my Dad also made oatmeal, toast, and eggs. Looking back, I can't even believe how spoiled I was. For some reason I get a thrill when my kids are willing to try a new healthy food. Like "yes! you are getting the joy of eating real food!". I love that Stan and Mason like an occasional grapefruit for breakfast with eggs or toast, and bell peppers and string cheese for a snack.









2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that. I love those things too. John, not so much!! But even he is doing somewhat better. Love seeing pictures of those boys. Thanks for taking the time to do this blog. Love granny M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your memories of today are sweet seeing that hours hoeing in the garden didn't often produce lots of smiles:) But somehow we mustered through and found the harvest from hard work and togetherness...in spite of the fact that I often called it the "family fight time":)

    ReplyDelete