Sunday, March 20, 2016

Festival of the Book

This week for our weekly family outing, Nate took us to Charlottesville's, 'Festival of the Book'. Even though it was unusually cold outside (like icy rain), and I sort of felt just like being cozy inside with a blanket, Nate really encouraged us to go out and I'm SO glad he did! To me, there's a certain feeling you get when you are surrounded by good books - a really good, sort of humbling feeling...reminding me of how much there is to learn. Mason is just starting to learn how to read - so he is especially excited about books right now. He kept bringing me book after book, and asking me to read them to him or with him. Can I just say that reading with my kids has to be some of my favorite mothering moments. I love it. Some of my happiest memories as a little girl, are of my Mom sitting next to me on the couch and reading. Nothing captures the mind and imagination like a good book, and so I'm more than a little excited that Mason is catching that excitement as well. We kinda skipped Stanley's nap to go - so he caught a quick nap on Nate's shoulder as we walked. 




totally an orange/blurry picture - but mason loves these green drink popsicles and i love that he and Stanley love them! i make them from their left-over green drinks in the morning. what did Moms do to get their kids to eat greens before blenders??

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea; put food into a popsicle shape and they are sure to be loved! Some of the sweetest memories of my life as a mother was reading to our children! "Richer than I you can never be...I had a mother who read to me"! Mom

    ReplyDelete