Sunday, June 5, 2016

Annapolis, Maryland

This last Saturday on Nate's free day, he chose to go to Annapolis Maryland. We toured the Navy Academy, took a walk through the small Colonial feel town (is this really the Capital of Maryland you guys with only 30,000 people or something?), and enjoyed learning about how the Capital there was the US Capital during the end of the Revolutionary War. Apparently the Treaty of Paris was signed there, and George Washington also gave his resignation speech. Pretty historically significant place, and I had no idea until this last week.

You can't tell at this sign, but seriously a beautiful campus you guys. Not an easy school to get into either.

the goat as the mascot - toughest goat I've ever seen.

the Navy grounds Chapel there was beautiful. At first I thought this was the Capital dome...but of course it wasn't.

Inside the beautiful hall where they ALL LIVE! what? who gets to live in a place like that?

honestly one of the most beautiful buildings I've seen

these boys could not be contained when they saw these steps. What is it with boys and steps? :)


so here you go :)

The Capital of Maryland

watching as the boats go by

playing with a big ball on the grounds where Navy Football team practices. Not a bad place to practice - right on the Ocean. No wonder Coach Niumatalolo doesn't mind coaching here.

No comments:

Post a Comment