Thursday, June 2, 2016

pool time and more museums

We're staying now in a Marriott Residence Inn Hotel. I love so many things about it: a nice pool, a gym, cleaners, nice breakfast. The only thing I don't like is being in the same room with my boys since Stanley seems to like to take full advantage of it, and wake me up to come to him in the night :). The good thing is however that I'm forced to go to bed a little earlier since the lights are out and I get sleepy when lights go out :). Having said that though, Marriott really does things right. Mason said he wouldn't mind living here. Nor would I Mason, nor would I. Mason and Stan love all of those things as well - especially the pool time. This week we met a man with 6 kids - the last of three are triplets, two of whom have severe ADD. My respect for that man grew so much. I honor all parents, but parents with disabilities have a whole new level of respect from me, and truly hail them as some of the most noble humans in our midst. Those boys too - I can't even imagine how frustrating and humbling to not be able to communicate your feelings. It was easy for me to see that those children loved their Dad a lot. I would love him too. What a sanctifying experience for all of them. 

We also went to the zoo yesterday. That was good - except I was stressed the whole time that Mason would fall into a gorilla cage. We talked about it before we went in though, so he was pretty good. They loved seeing all of the animals. Today we went to the National Bureau of Engraving and Printing (where our dollars are printed). I didn't realize how excited Mason would be for that one. I think Mason is becoming very curious about money lately. uh oh :).

So that's us :)




Daddy protecting Stanley from their squirt gun. $1 at Wal Mart...and it's Mason's new favorite summer toy

if you dare come swimming with us this summer, beware of Mason's squirt.

Those Elephants!



i'm always so impressed with that boy's courage to climb things

we didn't really go to the zoo to see cows, but it ended up being a highlight for my boys


Sea Lions

Mason begged to play with this, so I let him.

Stan can be like a little parrot somtimes

or a Crane. This particular variety is called Stanley Crane.

Love it when these boys snuggle on the bed to watch a move or something



the "Money Museum". No pictures allowed inside - but it was very fascinating

Mason's tree :) 

Smithsonian Castle and Visitor Center

American History Museum again - they love the children's museum inside so we went back


gathering chicken's eggs

the store clerk

i love this kitchen designed after Julia Child's kitchen

feeding ducks
"hi duck!"

their goodnight hug. just a random moment i caught last night. i love that they love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment